Content continues to rule most marketing strategies, and there is proof to support my assertion.
Basically, content marketing is an essential element of any digital marketing strategy, whether you’re running a little regional service or a big international corporation.
After all, material is indisputably the very lifeline upon which the web and social media are based.
Modern SEO, for all intents and purposes, has actually successfully ended up being enhanced content marketing as Google demands and rewards companies that create content demonstrating Proficiency, Authority, and Credibility to the advantage of their clients.
Material marketing includes creating and sharing important, pertinent, amusing, and constant content in various text-based, video, and audio formats.
The main focus should be on bring in and maintaining a plainly specified audience, with the supreme goal of driving successful client action.
But with so much content being produced and shared every day, it is very important to stay upgraded on the latest patterns and finest practices in material marketing to keep pace.
To help you do simply that, here are 30 content marketing statistics I believe you ought to know:
Material Marketing Usage
How many companies are leveraging material marketing, and how are they planning to find success?
- According to the Content Marketing Institute, 73% of B2B online marketers and 70% of B2C marketers utilize content marketing as part of their total marketing strategy.
- 91% of marketing pros surveyed by Semrush attained success with their material marketing in 2021.
- A B2B Content Marketing Research Study carried out by CMI discovered 40% of B2B marketers have a documented content marketing method; 33% have a technique, however it’s not recorded, and 27% have no technique whatsoever.
- Half of all online marketers state they contract out some material marketing.
- The pandemic increased material usage by 207%.
Material Marketing Method
What methods are content marketers utilizing or discovering to be most reliable?
- 83% of marketers think it’s more efficient to develop higher quality content less often.
- In a 2022 Statista Research Study of marketers worldwide, 62% of respondents stated they thought it was necessary to be “constantly on” for their clients, whereas 23% thought content-led interactions were most effective for tailored targeting purposes.
Types Of Material
Content marketing was synonymous with posting blogs, but the web and content have actually developed into audio, video, interactive, and meta formats.
Here are a couple of statistics on how the different kinds of content are trending and performing.
- The leading three types of content being produced by marketing teams in 2022 consisted of videos, blog sites, and images.
- Short articles/posts (83%) and videos (61%) are the leading two content types that B2C marketers used in the last 12 months. Their use of long-form articles increased to 42% from 22% in 2015.
- Short-form video material like Buy TikTok Verifieds and Buy Instagram Verified Reels is the most reliable type of social networks content.
- 40.8% of marketers stated original graphics (infographics, illustrations) helped them reach their marketing goals in 2020 (Source: Venngage)
- 72% of B2C marketers anticipated their organization to buy video marketing in 2022. (Source: CMI)
- Short content (300-900 words) draws in 21% less traffic and 75% less backlinks than articles of typical length (900– 1200 words.) (Source: Semrush State of Material Marketing 2022)
- Interactive content sees 52.6% more engagement than static content, with purchasers spending an average of 8.5 minutes viewing fixed material products and 13 minutes on interactive material items. (Source: Mediafly)
It is not just enough to create and release content.
For a material technique to be effective, it should include dispersing material via the channels frequented by an organization’s target market.
- Buy Facebook Verified was the top circulation channel for B2C online marketers in the previous 12 months and the channel that drove the very best outcomes. (Source: CMI)
- B2B online marketers reported to CMI that LinkedIn was the most common and top-performing natural social media distribution channel.
- 80% of B2B marketers who utilize paid circulation usage paid social networks advertising (Source: CMI)
When content reaches an audience, it is very important to comprehend how an audience takes in the material or takes action as a result.
- A 2021 DemandGen study exposed 62% of those making B2B purchase decisions said they relied more on useful content like case research studies and visual material, such as webinars, to direct their purchasing choices and mentioning a greater focus on the dependability of the source.
- Buyers want to invest no greater than 5 minutes reviewing most content formats. (Source: DemandGen Content Preferences Study)
- In a recent post, blog writer Ryan Robinson reports the typical reader spends 37 seconds reading a blog.
- 65% of respondents to DemandGen’s study stated they offer more credence to peer reviews, user-generated content, and third-party publications/analysts vs. company-generated content.
Material Marketing Performance
Among the main factors content marketing has taken off is its ability to be determined, optimized, and connected to a roi.
- B2C online marketers reported to CMI the leading 3 objectives content marketing helps them to attain are developing brand awareness, constructing trust, and informing their target audience.
- Content marketing produces three times as many leads as standard outbound marketing however costs 62% less (Source: CMI).
- 56% of online marketers who leverage blogging state it’s an efficient technique, and 10% say it creates the greatest ROI (roi). (Source: Hubspot blog research study)
- Over 60% of marketers determine the success of their material marketing technique through sales. (Source: Hubspot State of Marketing Report, 2021)
Content Marketing Budgets
Spending plan modifications and the willingness to purchase specific marketing techniques are good signs of how popular and efficient these techniques are at a macro level.
The following statistics certainly appear to show marketers have actually bought into the worth of content.
- 61% of B2C online marketers in CMI’s 2021 research study said their 2022 content marketing budget plan would surpass their 2021 budget.
- 22% of B2B marketers said they spent 50% or more of their overall marketing spending plan on material marketing. In addition, 43% saw their material marketing spending plans grow from 2020 to 2021, and 66% expected them to grow again in 2022. (Source: CMI)
All kinds of marketing come with difficulties connected to time, resources, competence, and competition. Recognizing and dealing with these challenges head-on with well-thought-out strategies is the best way to conquer them and recognize success.
- Leading challenges consisted of “drawing in quality leads with our material” (41%), “generating enough traffic and promoting our content” (39%), “developing material that resonates with our audience” (31%), and “showing the ROI of our material” (30%). (Source: Semrush’s State of Content Marketing 2022)
- Modifications to SEO/search algorithms (64%), modifications to social networks algorithms (53%), and data management/analytics (48%) are among the leading issues for B2C marketers. (Source: CMI)
- 47% of individuals are looking for downtime from internet-enabled gadgets due to digital fatigue (Source: EY Study)
Time To Start
As you can plainly see and perhaps have currently recognized, content marketing can be an extremely effective and cost-efficient way to produce leads, build brand awareness and drive sales.
Those ready to put in the work of constructing a recorded material technique and executing it by producing, distributing, and optimizing high-value, relevant customer-centric material can reap substantial service benefits.
Featured Image: Deemak Daksina/Best SMM Panel