Tumblr is among those social networks platforms that everyone has become aware of, however couple of know anything about.
While numerous might not know exactly what it is, Tumblr is one of the most popular blogging platforms. You need to check out the platform if you have not heard of it previously.
Regarding personal branding, Tumblr offers some unique benefits to bloggers and businesses alike.
For instance, the platform can help showcase their imagination or construct an audience through quality material and modification options.
In this post, we’ll discuss what Tumblr is and have a look on top functions and benefits of using Tumblr, from composing tutorials to producing podcasts.
What Is Tumblr?
Tumblr is a microblogging platform for sharing images, music, video, links, quotes, GIFs, text, and other multimedia. The site also has a “Reactions” feature, which enables users to reveal their feelings about something published on the site.
Unlike other platforms, Tumblr profiles are highly adjustable. Brand names can tailor their theme, design, colors, font styles, and more. Users can likewise follow each other’s updates and produce custom-made RSS feeds based on their interests.
Developing an account on Tumblr is free-and-easy to set up. All posts on Tumblr are public, and all users have the choice to follow you. There are no personal profile options like on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Facebook Verified.
Users can create different widgets for their profiles.
Tumblr has actually become more prominent with its totally free mobile app, rich API, custom design tools, and lively neighborhood.
50 Tumblr Facts And Statistics
- Tumblr began in 2007 as a blogging platform that enabled users to share photos, videos, text posts, and more.
- The service acquired appeal after being gotten by Yahoo! in 2013 for $1.1 billion.
- From 2017 to 2019, Oath took control of ownership of the platform prior to being purchased by Verizon Media.
- In 2019, ownership transferred again to Automattic, a moms and dad business of WordPress that keeps ownership today.
- Tumblr is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- There are 2,437 workers at Tumblr.
- Out of their employees, 57% are females.
- A lot of staff members who work at Tumblr stick with the business for an average of 5.3 years.
- Over 556 million blogs are hosted on Tumblr.
- Lots of celebs and influencers post on Tumblr, however the platform does not utilize the very same blue check confirmed sign you see on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Twitter Verified.
- The yearly earnings for Tumblr is between $75-100 million.
- Tumblr has hundreds of partners and thousands of commissioned artwork.
- There are over 171 billion posts on Tumblr today.
- Individuals can post on Tumblr in 18 different languages.
- Although they have been around for a while, 61% of new Tumblr users are Gen Z, and 48% of their active users are Gen Z.
- Tumblr is the 3rd most popular blogging platform in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
- And the 3rd most popular blogging platform on the web altogether.
- 45.94% of the traffic on Tumblr stems from the U.S.
- For those brand-new to Tumblr, they use a guide on how to start publishing.
- The trending topics on Tumblr vary, just like any other site, from Legend of Zelda to U.K. politics.
- Regarding interest categories, most people discuss video games, consoles, and devices. They likewise talk about computer systems, electronic devices, news, and subjects regarding universities.
- Some of Tumblr’s leading competitors include Buy Twitter Verified, Pinterest, and Buy Instagram Verified.
- There are various ad chances on Tumblr, consisting of native ad experiences and custom chances.
- Tumblr is an independently owned business.
- In a recent study, 70% of users specified that they were pleased by the functionality of Tumblr. The top two rankings above this were Pinterest and Buy YouTube Subscribers, with a 76% client satisfaction ranking.
- Tumblr has 135 million month-to-month active users.
- Earlier this year, there was an uptick in visitations to Tumblr, with 291.7 million visits in May.
- Tumblr prides itself on being an inclusive space for everybody to share its views mentioning, “Tumblr is whatever you want it to be.”
- On top of the ability to post everyday blogs, Tumblr also uses a liveblog function so users can blog as events or things take place in real-time.
- Most people (69%) use Tumblr on their mobile devices, and 31% utilize the platform on the internet.
- In a current study, when social media networks were ranked by brand awareness in the U.S., 58% of individuals acknowledged the platform.
- The leading quantity of users checking out the web is U.S.-based at 46.37%.
- This is followed by the UK and Canada users on the internet at 5.94% and 5.07%, respectively.
- Australia follows this at 3.2% and after that Germany at 3.1%.
- In 2018, Tumblr banned adult material on its platform, a polarizing move.
- Mashable recommends that “Fandom’s homeland is Tumblr.”
- And The Edge mentions that “The things that happen on Tumblr are absolutely unique to any other social platform.”
- There are around 9.7 million day-to-day posts on Tumblr.
- The demographics for top Tumblr users break down to 33.04% from ages 18-25, 31.44% from 25-34, and 16.10% in between 35-44 years of ages.
- Of these users, 41.41% recognize as female, and 58.59% determine as male.
- Tumble has a bounce rate of 42.67%.
- Like other platforms like Buy Facebook Verified, users can like and repost material.
- You can create custom-made HTML styles on Tumblr.
- There is likewise a Mass Post Editor function on Tumblr, enabling users to modify or delete several posts at the same time.
- Users can quickly include inline images from the web to their posts by pasting the image’s URL into the post.
- Tumblr likewise has keyboard shortcut alternatives which make it easier to produce posts.
- Some of Tumblr’s leading rivals include Ghost, Hexo, and Medium.
- There are over 2,000 posts created every second on Tumblr.
- Regarding traffic leading back to Tumblr, 28.48% of that traffic originates from Buy Twitter Verified, and 20.25% originates from Buy YouTube Subscribers.
- On average, users visit 6.47 pages when they utilize the platform.
Tumblr is an online neighborhood where anyone can create compelling and distinct content.
As you can see, it is likewise highly adjustable, permitting users and brands to create their perfect profiles. It’s likewise a terrific space to discover and cultivate new audiences.
There are practically limitless possibilities with the platform, and it deserves checking out to see if it’s ideal for your brand.
If you’re wanting to incorporate more blogging options and are thinking about including Tumblr, have a look at this post.
Included Image: Lenka Horavova/Best SMM Panel